I have been on a health journey since 2004. That is the year I got married, graduated from college and decided to stop fad dieting and learn about nutrition.
SAFE, HEALTHY SKINCARE
When I started to remove chemicals from our lives, I started using skincare that was simple and safe and included only ingredients I could eat. I washed my face with honey. I moisturized with tallow balm made from grass fed tallow and olive oil. But this year, I decided it was time to look into a real skincare routine. Call it getting older. Call it a year in the high altitude of Albuquerque. I wanted to start using a real skincare line that would help my skin.
I had always planned on using a real skincare line when I was done being pregnant and nursing but it felt like that season just kept on going and going. So, I decided instead of waiting until that season was over and using serious chemicals to fix my face, why not research a line that would WORK now and ALSO BE SAFE?! There had to be a skincare line that was healthy and clean and actually worked, right? It’s true! There is! I found it! I found beautycounter.
I love beautycounter. I love to align with companies that I can trust. I love to find companies I can trust and I don’t have to search and look into every ingredient in every product! And I feel this way about beautycounter. The more I learn about the company, the more I like it and those who are aligned with it. I do research every product for you and for me to know what’s in them. But I trust this company and I can’t wait to share it with you!
WHY CAN I TRUST BEAUTYCOUNTER?
- They have a greater mission of trying to get safer products into the hands of everyone by trying to improve safety standards for all beauty products for all women.
- They are transparent about all of their ingredients, sourcing and testing.
- The products actually work…not only are they safe but they are amazing!! These products compete with the products in the stores that are full of harmful chemicals.
- Read the Beautycounter asterisk blog to find out more
SAFE, HEALTHY MAKEUP
I don’t know why it never dawned on me that makeup wasn’t clean. I guess we don’t talk about it or hear about it a lot.
MY TOP 5 FAVORITE PRODUCTS!
- Cleansing Balm is luxurious! [BEST SELLER!]This is a best selling, multi purpose balm, that will last you forever!! It’s a cleanser (research oil cleansing), makeup remover, overnight mask and so much more!! It leaves your face feeling so clean, yet so soft! This is pure luxury.
- Dew Skin is another luxury of mine! [BEST SELLER!] It is the softest product!!! It is a lightly tinted moisturizer with SPF 20. This is my face sunscreen that also provides moisture and a bit of color. This also won Allure’s Best of Beauty! It is the creamiest face product I’ve ever used. It truly makes your skin look dewy and like you woke up with flawless skin! It’s magical.
- Lip Gloss is another creamy love of mine. I am a lip gloss girl. I don’t love lipstick or liners but I love a good gloss. And, truly beautycounter’s lip gloss is my absolute favorite product I’ve ever put on my lips.
- Hydrating Body Lotion is my best mom secret to moisturize. I know it sounds funny but I can moisturize my whole body in seconds, I swear. (I plan to time this the next time I remember.) It leaves me feeling moisturized yet it goes on much faster than my homemade, thicker DIY creams.
- Safe Sunscreen. I use the sunscreen stick for face and sunscreen stick for body because it’s safest thing around. I like a stick sunscreen because it applies more evenly as the ingredients don’t separate. Beautycounter just came out w/ a new spray this year and I bought it for ease of application and I do love it. We have not burned when using it. There is a sunscreen mist travel size and a full size.
- BONUS FAVORITE right now…
Illuminating Cream Highlighter Set. I like and use them all. I use the pearl glow on the tops of my cheek bones and my nose and right above the peaks of my upper lip. I use the Rose Glow on the apples of my cheeks and I use the Bronze Glow under my cheek bones.
MY BEAUTYCOUNTER SKINCARE ROUTINE….
- Cleansing Balm [BEST SELLER!]
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel [BEST SELLER!]
- No. 1 Brightening Face Oil [BEST SELLER!]
- Countermatch Eye Rescue Cream or Rejuvenating Eye Cream (just switched so I’ll let you know)
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion [BEST SELLER!]
- Countermatch Recovery Sleeping Cream or Rejuvenating Night Cream. [BEST SELLER!] (just switched so I’ll let you know)
- Charcoal Face Mask [BEST SELLER!]
You can definitely start with a more simple routine! Send me an email if you need help deciding on which products to start with or try!
Here’s a handy chart to help you get started…..
LOVE BEAUTYCOUNTER BABY.
- Love the BABY BUNDLE COLLECTION. This is my new baby gift. Spoiler…if you invite me to your baby shower, this is probably what you’ll get as a gift from me!
- I use the baby oil and baby balm all the time…multiple times a day. The all over wash is a great alternative to other baby washes that are not natural enough for baby’s skin.
NEED HELP DECIDING ON PRODUCTS?
- Contact me via my contact page!
- JOIN MY VIP COMMUNITY for updates and so you can reply back to those emails and chat with me directly.
- Comment below and I’ll have your email address and I can email you directly!