WARNING: These cookies are dangerous!!! And, this recipe makes a LOT of them
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated cane sugar
- 1 1/4 cups refined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (10- to 12-ounce) package vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional…but grand)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the sugar and coconut oil, mixing on medium-high speed until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the water, molasses, and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 to 4 additions, mixing each additional until almost fully incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and the walnuts, if using, mixing until just combined.
- Arrange 2 Tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned and the centers are set.
- Thoroughly cool on a cooling rack.
source: Skinny Bitch in the Kitch[This content has been modified from an article that originally appeared on FIToriBlog on October 28, 2010]