- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds, toasted (I explain how below)
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 (4- to 5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Toast almonds in the oven by spreading the almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in the oven until fragrant and lightly golden, approximately 5 to 6 minutes for almonds.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place the almonds, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, garlic, and salt. Process until coarsely chopped; the mixture will be a thick paste.
- Arrange the chicken breast halves in a baking dish. Divide the almond paste and spread on the breasts; pat down to cover each breast completely.
- Roast in the oven until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 to 170 F, about 10 minutes. Loosely tent with foil and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- (We had trouble with this not cooking in just 10 minutes but we’re still figuring out our convection oven SO if you try this recipe, please let me know about your cook time!)
Add green veggies or a salad. Possibly add rice or quinoa.
Nutriton Facts (for each of the 4 servings)
- Calories 293.3 kcal | Fat 174 g | Protein 30 g | Carbohydrates 4.3 g | Sodium 194.2 mg
[This content has been modified from an article that originally appeared on FIToriBlog on September 27, 2010]